Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gustafer Yellowgold in PortTown

As ye well know our new album, Empatical Piratical, be making the rounds in all manner of publications these days -- lots of fine reviews and coverage. Now, I do enjoy these times because, among other things, we are included with other "Fids and Kamily" acts that I have yet to find out about for meself.

Keeps poppin up on the charts is one Gustafer Yellowgold. At first my interest was peeked, as any pirates would be, to be sure, by his name alone. (Yar!) Then, however I ran across this here review on About.com. It matches both our bands up so nicely, I couldn't help but be intrigued. So, now I've been wanting to see them for meself, and lo... they are coming to Portland this Saturday!

I got no excuse now mates and perhaps, neither do ye. Maybe I'll see ye there.

If ye want to check the show the NY Times calls "a cross between 'Yellow Submarine' and Dr. Seuss." you can find out more information from our mates at Curious Comedy Theater.

We cool kindie bands got to stick together, so I thought I just might bid them welcome here in the homeport of the Pollywogg.

~Capt.Bogg

Gustafer Yellowgold
@ Curious Comedy Theater
Saturday, April 4th
11am - 2pm